Introducing Fishopedia – a beautifully designed, fun and educational pocket fishing guide for aspiring to intermediate anglers.
Through Fishopedia, you will be able to:
- Research and identify both fresh and saltwater fish whether it be your latest catch or perhaps a species on your “Lunker Bucket List”
- Browse through hundreds of fish species habitats, feeding / spawning habits, appropriate fishing techniques and more with our Fish Species guide.
- Filter fish in your area by US state and waterbody types.
- Learn to identify fish species and Impress your friends by being able to differentiate “Omophagy” from “Oviparous”. You’ll sound like an expert with our handy mini glossary of Fish Terms.
- Tie a plethora of helpful fishing knots. Keep forgetting how to tie a proper Improved Clinch Knot? Our illustrated Fish Knots section will help you keep your lines tight and tackle together.
- “Doodle Socking” or “Bottom Bouncing”? You’ll be able to make an educated decision on the right technique to land a lunker your next time out on the water through our Fishing Techniques section.
Fishopedia is FREE – our gift – developed for novice to intermediate fishermen of all ages in the hopes of instilling confidence and a love of fishing through easily accessible fishing knowledge. We’d be pleased if experienced anglers appreciated having a wealth of fishing-related info available at the touch of their screen as well so give it a try and let us know how we are doing too!
Fishopedia is just the first release of a suite of fishing-related apps and services that we hope will become the premier digital community benefiting aspiring anglers, seasoned veterans and professional guides/outfitters alike in achieving a more enjoyable and productive fishing experience. Watch this space or sign up to stay informed!